One of our favorite features in Bluebeam Revu is the Tool Chest. It allows you to save your custom markups for future use, so you don't need to waste time recreating your commonly used tools for marking up PDF documents. Here's how to create custom tool sets in Bluebeam Revu:
- Open the Tool Chest and click the blue gear icon at the top labeled "Manage Tool Sets".
- Click "Add" in the dialog box that pops up.
- Type in the name of your tool set in the "Title" field and click OK.
- You will now have a blank tool set with your specified title. Now we need to add tools!
- There are two ways to add tools to your newly created tool set:
- Click and drag markup tools into your tool set from your recent tools, or other tool sets
- Right click a markup>Add to Tool Chest>Select your tool set
- You will now have a custom tool set with all of your pre-made tools, ready to go! No more wasting time recreating your markups.
- Pro Tip: Bluebeam Revu also comes with a format painter that you can use to apply custom formats to all the tools in your tool set. Standardize colors, shading, fonts, and line styles with just a few clicks!
Last but not least, make sure to check out Bluebeam's free tool sets. These include additional punch symbols, ASME, HVAC, electrical, proofreading symbols, and more.